Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Vineyard

Ok, lets talk about one of the newest “docu-dramas” to hit TV.


Has anyone else been watching this show? Martha’s Vineyard holds a very special place in my heart, as I have been fortunate enough to spend time there almost every year. I learned to ride a bike there, went on my first boat ride, probably ate my first lobster there, have watched multiple incredible sunsets in the Menemsha harbor, and met my love there three summers ago (I know, awwww). That’s why when I heard there was going to be a new “reality” show filmed on island this summer, I had mixed feelings. Would it turn the island I love into the new Jersey Shore? No thanks.


I had the privilege of living and working on the Vineyard last summer with one of my best friends, and let me tell you it was nothing like the show. Here are some pictures of my Vineyard.

champs on the beach // summer bonfires // pretty window boxes in front of a boutique 

oliver loves the beach // west chop lighthouse // me & mr. o // vintage cars in Edgartown

menemsha harbor // oliver loving it // funny retro cocktail napkin // LV2BNMV: my sentiments exactly

wicker bike + hydrangeas // bubbles + sunset (my favorite) // the coolest skull pillows at Carly Simon's shop

But enough about me...lets get back to the show. The bad reality-TV lover that I am can’t help but watch. But I mean, come on. They are trying to make this the new Hills, but really? Not even close. The Hills was actually good reality TV. This is just boring, in my opinion. I especially lost all respect when I discovered that Lou was cast on the streets of Boston…yeah.


But, I continue to watch it, of course.

Maybe I am just old and cynical (ha!). Maybe there is a cutoff age for ABC Family, and I am past it. Thoughts? Does anyone else get sucked into horrendous reality TV and secretly love it?

Most of all, the show just makes me want to be back on the Island. {2 weeks!} I am seriously missing it this summer. I know, poor me.

P.S. For more reality show chit-chat, you must check out Taylor’s blog. Her Coffee Talk posts are too good.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS