Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Best Candy Brands {Just in Time for Halloween!}


There is a good reason why I Just bought my Halloween candy yesterday. If I had gotten it any sooner, it would already be gone! Even though I try to eat as clean as possible, that doesn't mean I can keep my hands out of the candy bowl if it's sitting right in front of me! I am absolutely pro-dressing up and trick-or-treating, but I do know that children are especially sensitive to the additives found in many (if not all) of the popular candy brands. I thought I would share some of my favorite things to give out to trick-or-treaters that don't involve preservatives, artificial colors, flavors, and other nasty ingredients that we see too much of this time of year.


1. This year I decided to buy Yum Earth Organics lollipops because they are truly yummy and don't have any scary ingredients. My favorites as a kid were always jolly ranchers, and I can't believe that these are just as good if not better. Yum Earth also makes gummy bears and fruit snacks. How can you go wrong? I bought mine at Whole Foods, but they carry them at Target, Walgreens, and CVS locations too! Click here to see a list of retailers.


2. If you are a chocolate lover, you must meet Unreal candy. This company is fantastic and you can buy it at typical candy shops like Target and CVS. They have re-created all of the classics like M&Ms, Snickers, Milky Way, and peanut butter cups without GMOs, glutens, or anything artificial. I am so thankful that companies like this exist!


3. My local health food store has been displaying Justin's organic peanut butter cups as Halloween treats this year, which are a great alternative to Reese's. They may be a bit more expensive, but I think they are tastier, and you can feel good about giving them out to the kiddos.

These are just a few ideas if you want to keep with the candy theme. If you want more ideas, check out this post on 100 Days of Real Food.

Now...when is someone going to invent organic candy corn?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS