Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mantle Inspiration

A friend asked me for some decorating advice the other day for her mantle. After the holidays mantles tend to look a little bare, at least in my experience. I have not yet been fortunate enough to have a mantle of my own to decorate, but fireplaces are one of my favorite focal points in a room. Here are some images I have been collecting to inspire my future mantle.











1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

I am particularly drawn to #4 and #7. I tend to prefer a more simple mantle to one that is over-styled and cluttered. 


Five components of a gorgeous mantle:

1. A large piece in the center {I really love a Louis Philippe style mirror}
2. A collection of candlesticks, preferably brass
3. Off-center, leaning artwork
4. Something tall and sculptural, like a vase with flowers
5. Something decorative or personal

Do you follow a "formula" or guidelines when decorating? This is making me itch for a mantle of my own! Maybe my next place...






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS