Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Obsession: Nicole Curtis

If you watch any HGTV/DIY Network at all, I'm sure you have at least seen commercials for Rehab Addict. It's safe to say that I am a little bit obsessed. I love that Nicole Curtis restores old, sometimes condemned, homes and works with the original character of houses rather than knocking them down, which sadly, is what most people would do.

I have only seen bits and pieces of her show, but I have set up a series recording on my DVR...

So far, her Minnehaha transformation is by far my favorite. Check out the before and afters.














Can I move in? Between the fireplace, the original marble tile in the kitchen, the built-in buffet in the dining room, and the wall of windows in the sun room, I honestly can't decide which room is my favorite.

I, like Nicole, have a serious love of old houses. My dream old home would have original hardwood floors, radiators, built-ins, and window/crown/baseboard moldings in every room. You just don't find architectural detail like that in new construction!

It's amazing how she transforms a sad forgotten space into something magnificent. See more photos of her projects here and here. Watching her show makes me want to restore an old home! Maybe one day...

Which one is your favorite?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS